Tension headaches and migraines are the most common ailment among Austrians. About 50 percent of the total population is affected women. Significantly more likely than men Of medicine over 250 types of headaches are known.
Causes of Migäne are not entirely clear.
- genetic factors
- increased neural activity
- uncontrolled release of neurotransmitters
- Expansion / inflammation of blood vessels
- Hypersensitivity of pain receptors
Factors favor the migraine
- Food intolerances (histamine)
- Stress (over-stimulation of the nervous system)
- Hormonal situation (menopause, pregnancy)
- Blocking the cervical
- Medication overuse (painkillers)
Children are affected to
School stress is often a trigger when children suffer from migraine or tension headaches. But an excessive demand in the leisure and excessive television and computer games can trigger headaches.
Severe migraine attacks associated with nausea, abdominal pain, visual disturbances (aura phase) and sometimes speech can occur even with the age of four. Administration of pain medication should be discussed with the pediatrician.